It's important that you tell us about any change in your circumstances that may affect your housing benefit.
If you don't tell us you may be committing a criminal offence which may result in prosecution and a criminal record.
It's better to report any changes immediately or you may lose your benefit:
Changes that will affect your housing benefit award:
- Your income or your partner’s income goes up or down.
- Your savings or your partner’s savings go up or down
- You or your partner start or stop working.
- Your benefits or your partner’s benefits change.
- Anyone joins or leaves the household.
- The income or capital of any non-dependant in your household changes.
- The amount of rent you pay changes.