Community social work recognises that at times life can be difficult, and that it can be hard to know who to turn to for support, guidance and help.
The community social work team is here to listen and offer advice, support and guidance at the point you need it.
Our team will be based in your community, will be accessible and does not require a referral. We have created strong partnerships with community based organisations, which means we can offer local drop in sessions at a location close to you. We want to be able to help as quickly as possible, so please feel free to come and speak to us.
- To provide a social work service that is shaped by people in the community
- To promote individual and community strengths
- To recognise that people need support at times to overcome the challenges of life
- To recognise that people are the experts in their own life and know their family and community strengths
- To support individuals and families to achieve self-identified goals
What is community social work
Community social work is a community-based service that supports individuals and families tackle the many issues that can cause stress, worry, anxiety etc on a daily basis – such as
- Every day life stressors
- Mental Health Issues
- Financial problems/worries
- Parenting concerns/worries
- Drug and alcohol concerns
- Family concerns (it may be a child, grandchild, sister, brother or parent that you are concerned about)
- Relationship conflict
What community social work can offer you
- Early opportunities to think of ways to overcome problems and issues before they become a crisis
- The opportunity to work together to overcome any stressors/difficulties that you feel are causing you concern
- The chance to work creatively with social workers to identify strengths that you, your family and your community has
- To be an important voice, support you to determine your own solution to personal stress
- Recognise that you are the expert in your own life/family life but that we all need some support at times
Where you can reach us
The CSW is currently only covering the East of Kirkcaldy area: Smeaton, Boreland, Dysart, Pathhead and Sinclairtown.
Please call us on
03451 55 55 55 ext 430155