Our use of cookies

Some cookies used are essential to providing a service, while others help us improve your experience and provide us with insights into how the site is being used.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookies page.

Cookie preferences

Residential care

Residential Care can help adults or older people with a disability or learning difficulties.

If you need residential care, there are a choice of care homes in the area. Private homes provide care on behalf of the council under a contract.

In Fife the Council has ten care homes as well as charity operated and private homes. Respite care is available to give carers a break and many homes offer short breaks for cared for people.

A care home offers an alternative home for people who are no longer safe in their own home.

Our care homes in Fife, run by the local authority, operate on a 24 hour staffed basis. The homes provide meals, activities and help with personal care and daily living.

View our list of Fife Council Care Homes.

The Regulation of Care is a function carried out by the Scottish Commission. In Fife, we register and inspect Care homes in this way. By doing this we maintain high standards at all times.

There is a printed directory of all care homes in Fife or available from your local Social Work Office.

Information is available on Fife care homes from:

Website - Social Care & Social Work Improvement Scotland reports are provided through Care Inspector.

Age Scotland also has lots of useful information. Their helpline number is 0800 12 44 222.

Social Work Enquiries
Social Work - Contact Us