Abuse comes in many forms, including:
- domestic abuse
- emotional abuse
- incest and childhood sexual abuse
- sexual harassment and intimidation at work and in the public sphere
- commercial sexual exploitation, including prostitution, pornography and trafficking
- dowry related violence
- female genital mutilation
- forced and child marriages
- “honour crimes”
Women and children are most commonly the victims. But men can also experience a range of these abusive behaviours. There are support agencies that can help.
You can find more information and details of who can help you in the links above.