The grant provided by Fife Council is designed to cover the general running costs of the Community Council. It comprises 4 elements:
- insurance cover
- an administrative grant
- a per capita allowance for each member of the population within the area, and
- reimbursement of any fee associated with the requirement to notify in terms of data protection.
The general running costs may include:
- meeting room accommodation
- the production and circulation of minutes, agenda and reports
- telephone costs
- advertising costs
- general publicity and promotional activities; and
- consultation exercises.
If, during the course of the year, the Community Council does not spend all of the administrative grant, it may disburse funds to other local community groups. These groups must have similar objectives and purposes, namely acting in a representative capacity or making improvements to the amenities and environment within the area.
It is recommended, if a Community Council is proposing to disburse grants, that some basic criteria/rules are established at an early stage.
For further information on keeping the financial records etc. please refer to the Financial Guidelines for Community Councils. Back To Top