- Resource Centre
Dalgairn Centre Bank Street Cupar Fife KY15 4JU
- Ramp and drop kerb to front door. Drop kerb at the side of the building for the buses.
We provide a Community Support Service to adults between the ages of 16 & 65 with learning disability, physical disability, sensory impairments, autistic spectrum disorders and other related issues.
The service is based around individualised packages of support and learning, often provided within the community. A diverse range of activities and pursuits are available pitched at a wide variety of levels and the we actively encourage personal development through learning new skills and social awareness.
What are our aims?
Dalgairn Centre aims to provide a supportive and stimulating environment for adults who have a learning disability. We aim to promote personal growth and the development of individual abilities.
Who can apply for a service?
All people between the ages of 16 & 65 with learning disability, physical disability, sensory impairments, autistic spectrum disorders and other related issues.
What do we offer?
We can help you:
- learn new skills so that you can do more for yourself such as taking care of your body, dressing yourself and looking after your clothes, making a meal or snack or getting around town safely.
- get experience of working and help you find a job.
- find out what you like doing and help you plan so that you get the most out of your life. We can support you to try new experiences in the community and to meet new people.
- grow in confidence through activities such as sports, art, drama, music etc. which you can do on your own or as part of a team.
- to get the most out of your relationships.
We can work with your family or carers and other people in your life like nurses, psychologists, speech therapists and more to help you have the healthiest, safest and most satisfying life possible.
We can support you and the others around you to make friends and enjoy the company of others, sharing and planning activities and outings.
Where are we?
The centre building in Bank Street, Cupar, is the base for our services but much of what people do is in the community accessing its resources.
How do I get there?
We provide transport that can pick you up from home and take you to whatever activity you want to do and return you home again if you need it. This will normally be in an estate car. You can use public transport if you prefer and we will reimburse your bus fares.
What if I don’t like it?
You can come and visit us as often as you like before making your mind up. We have a centre committee who will listen to your suggestions or complaints and will make recommendations for improving things. You can talk to any member of staff about anything you are unhappy about and nobody will make you do what you don’t want to.