Morning9.00 a.m. - 12.25 p.m.(P1/2/3) 12.35 (P3/4/5)
Interval10.40 a.m. - 10.55 a.m.
Lunch12.35 p.m. - 1.20 p.m. As above.
Afternoon1.20 p.m. - 3.00 p.m.
09:00 – 15:00 (Mon - Fri)
We strongly encourage the wearing of our school uniform as we believe it supports a sense of community and a pride in our school.
Our school uniform is a burgundy sweatshirt and sky blue polo shirt with the school logo, with grey trousers or skirt. Alternatively, a white shirt can be worn with the school tie and grey trousers/skirt and a grey jumper or cardigan. Primary 7 pupils have their own school tie.
Wearing ties with a white shirt is requested when representing the school at events.
There is also a burgundy school fleece or waterproof jacket with the school logo available. All items of clothing with the school logo and school ties can be purchased from Borders Embroideries website. Our school operate a school uniform recycling programme available in the school vestibule.
All children are required to have a PE kit. For indoor PE this is a T-shirt in house colours and plain dark shorts and dark gym shoes. For outdoor PE children require outdoor trainers, sweat shirt and tracksuit trousers. PE kits should be with children in school at all times and stored in a labelled gym bag.
We ask families to ensure that all items of school clothing are clearly labelled with the child’s name.
SCHOOL CLOTHING GRANT
We can provide free school meals and a school clothing grant if you are on a low income.
The school clothing grant is £120.00 per child for primary school pupils and £150.00 per child for high school pupils.
To qualify for free school meals and a school clothing grant you must be in receipt of one of the following:
- Income Support
- Job Seekers Allowance (Income Based)
- Employment and Support Allowance (Income Related)
- Child Tax Credit only with annual income below £16,105
- Child Tax Credit & Working Tax Credit with annual income below £7,500
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit - including those with a take home pay of up to £625 per month
- Long Term Incapacity Benefit (school clothing grant only)
- Widows Allowance - if not in full time employment (school clothing grant only)
- Child Tax Credit & Working Tax Credit with annual income below £16,105 (school clothing grant only)
All children in primary 1-5 can receive a free school meal without an application however, you must still apply to receive free school milk and a school clothing grant. From January 2022 this will be extended to include children in primary 5.
How to apply
Apply for discounts or exemptions by signing into your mygovscot myaccount or registering for a mygovscot myaccount if you don't already have one.