School roll: 152
Nursery roll: 50
East Wemyss Primary School was opened in 1906 as a primary and secondary school. It is now a primary school with two nursery rooms and is a focal point in the village as well as being a listed building.
It is built on three levels: basement, ground and first floor. The ground and first floor are built around a large central hall.
East Wemyss Primary School is fortunate to have fantastic outdoor learning environments such as the beach, woodland areas and the caves on its doorstep which the children visit regularly throughout the school year. Our school ground consist of an upper and lower playground and garden. Pupils have been involved in transforming outdoor areas, such as painting the school shelters, and will continue to develop outdoor learning areas with seating and plants to attract wildlife for observation.
The school houses a nursery, seven classes and a main hall (which is used as the gym hall), support for learning base and a dining room. The children have access to wireless netbooks which can be used anywhere within the school building. A controlled security system is in operation on main entry doors. The school has wheelchair access at all access points.
The aim of our school is to create a welcoming and stimulating environment in which we will support and challenge our pupils to develop the necessary knowledge and skills to enjoy a happy and constructive school life and, further more, take their place and play their part in society in their adult life.