Carnock Primary School
- Primary School
Carnock Primary School is situated in the Main Street of Carnock and serves the villages of Carnock and Gowkhall. The school was built in 1864 with an extension added in 1912.
The main school consists of 4 classrooms.
We encourage parents to be involved in their children’s education. A dedicated group of parent volunteers help in school on a weekly rota. The Parent Council take an active role in school life and the Carnock Primary Fundraising Group organise successful social and fundraising events throughout the year.
Pupils represent their peers on the Pupil Council, the Eco-committee, the Health committe as well as Playground Friends and peer mediators. These groups report weekly at Assembly and have regular formal meetings with the Headteacher to discuss points raised by the children particularly ways to improve the school.
Our aim is to create and maintain a positive ethos where parents, pupils and staff can work together to ensure that the pupils in our care reach their full potential. Everyone is respected and valued in an environment conducive to the highest possible standards of learning and teaching.