Is the cost of living crisis affecting you?
Make sure you’re getting the help you're entitled to.Visit our site
Scottish Government - Cost of Living Award
On 10th February 2022, a Cost Of Living Award was announced as part of the 2022-23 Scottish budget. It's an additional support to help tackle the cost of living crisis. The Cost of Living Award is for £150 and was awarded to either:
- A person who lives in a dwelling in any Council Tax valuation band, is liable for Council Tax, and was in receipt of Council Tax Reduction (CTR) on the 14th February 2022
- A person who lives in and is liable for Council Tax in a band A-D dwelling on 14th February 2022, and does not receive Council Tax Reduction
- Certain types of household otherwise exempt for Council Tax:
- all the occupants are under 18;
- all the occupants are care leavers;
- all the occupants are severely mentally impaired;
- the property is unoccupied because the resident has gone to someone else's home to provide care or the resident receives care elsewhere
- Additionally, persons accessing Housing Support Service and/or living in temporary accommodation or a refuge may be eligible for payment under this scheme. Only one payment will be made in relation to any single dwelling.
A payment was incorporated in the 2022/23 annual bill. For eligible persons, this meant a reduction in monthly instalments.