Fife Falls Response Service is a service operated by Fife Health and Social Care Partnership for people who fall in their own home.
If you have fallen and need help, then please do one of the following:
- Call your GP Surgery
- Call NHS 24 on 111 (If GP Surgery is closed)
Fife Falls is only accessed through your GP surgery or NHS 24, if you have a community alarm, please activate this to request help.
We will ask a few simple questions about you over the phone. If you are not hurt, we will send the specially trained falls response team (MECS) to assist you by using the lifting equipment. The MECS team is not medically trained and is not a replacement for the emergency services.
The service is available to people who:
- Have fallen within their home environment
- Have no visible signs of injury
- Are aware of their surroundings
- Are able to move without causing/increasing pain
- Have no physically able person(s) who could assist with guidance to rise from the floor
- Are normally able to weight bear
- Are not under the influence of alcohol
- Are not bleeding
If you are hurt, then we will contact the emergency services.
We will contact your emergency contact to sit with you until help arrives.