We’re here to help
Being ill, self-isolating, caring for loved ones, losing a job or working hours - all these things bring different problems.
We're here to help. We want to make sure that anyone who needs support has access to it - whether that's because you're having to self-isolate, or you've got some financial problems due to loss of work, or maybe you're just not coping as well as you normally would. Don't be afraid to ask for help.
What help is available?
Whether you are self-isolating through the Test and Protect system, or struggling generally due to the pandemic, there's loads of support available.
We can help if you are:
- Unable to access food or basic supplies
- Unable to collect medication
- Financially affected by having to self-isolate – find out more about the Self Isolation Support Grant
- Unable to pay bills, not necessarily due to the pandemic – find out about our crisis and community care grants
- Needing Welfare Support (help applying for Universal Credit or other benefits, managing deductions from benefits, support in applying for a Scottish Welfare Fund crisis grant or other financial help)
- Having Difficulty Isolating
- Feeling socially isolated
Who can ask for help?
Anyone can. Remember you are not on your own. There are many reasons some people need just a bit more of a helping hand, and we want you to know that in these uncertain times it’s ok to reach out for support.
If you don't have support from friends, family or neighbours, we are here. If we can't help you directly, we'll point you in the right direction.
There's loads of advice and support in our Staying safe and Keeping Well booklet
How to get in touch
You can apply for Coronavirus Community Assistance online yourself or on behalf of someone else. We will try to process your request within 24 hours or next working day.
We may call you if you've been contacted by Test and Protect and given permission for your details to be passed to your local authority. This will be a quick welfare check, whether or not you need any support to isolate.