The purpose of the grant is to assist people on low incomes to self-isolate for the 14 day period when they have been asked to do so by the Test & Protect Service to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
You may be eligible for the £500 grant if you meet the following criteria:
- You have been required by the Test & Protect Service to self-isolate as a result of Covid-19, either because you have tested positive for coronavirus or have recently been in close contact with someone who has tested positive. The Test & Protect Service will add your name to their database. We cannot award you a grant if your name is not on this database.
- Are employed or self-employed
- Are unable to work from home and will lose income as a result
- Are currently in receipt or have been awarded but not yet received a payment of:
- Universal Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- Income-based Employment and Support Allowance
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income Support
- Housing Benefit
- Pension Credit
You can apply if you have been asked to self-isolate by the Test & Protect Service on or after 28th September 2020.
The Self-Isolation Support Grant does not cover people who are self-isolating after returning to the UK from abroad unless they have tested positive for coronavirus or have been told to stay at home and self-isolate by the Test and Protect Service.
Evidence will be required to support your application including a notification from Test & Protect asking you to self-isolate, proof of receipt or award of one of the qualifying benefits, a bank statement, proof of employment/self-employment. Without this evidence, we cannot award you a grant.
Payment will be made directly to your bank account.
If you do not meet the qualifying criteria you may be eligible to apply for a Crisis Grant. This grant is designed to help people on low incomes who find themselves in a financial crisis situation. You can find out more information and apply here.
Alternatively, you can apply by phone on 0300 555 0265 between 9.00 am – 2.30 pm.