Education & Children's Services Sub-Committee
From 1st April we will have a limited number of previous committee meeting papers online. We are currently transferring to our new system and will have more availability of historical papers shortly. If you require papers that are not currently held on the website, please contact the Committee Administrator.
Terms of Reference
The terms of reference and functions of the Education and Children’s Services Committee are to deal with the following matters:-
- all matters relating to the provision and regulation of education and services for children including
- the promotion of children and young people’s development and wellbeing as outlined in the Children and Young People’s Act (Scotland) 2014;
- the preparation, publication and reporting of a plan for the provision of services for children in Fife to include progress made in Children’s Rights as outlined in Children and Young people’s Act (Scotland) 2014;
- meeting statutory requirements for strategic planning and reporting as detailed in the Education (Scotland) Act 2016;
- matters relating to other statutory responsibilities of the Council and the Chief Education Officer concerning the attainment, progress and wellbeing of children and young people;
- provision and quality of Early Learning and Childcare, Primary, Secondary, special Schools and Out of School Care;
- parental involvement and participation in their children and young people’s education;
- the development and maintenance of links between schools, further and higher educational establishments and employers;
- the support and care for looked after children within the meaning of the Children’s (Scotland) Act 1995 and subsequent relevant legislation;
- matters relating to the statutory responsibilities of the Council and the Chief Social Work Officer concerning the care and protection of children;
- the planning and co-ordination of holistic services for children, young people and their families in consultation with other Council Committees and Integrated Joint Board as appropriate; and
- all matters relating to the Corporate Parenting Board.
Education and Children’s Services Committee membership
The Committee will comprise 15 members, based on political balance calculated as above.
When the Committee meets to discharge its education functions, its voting membership also comprises three persons representing churches and other religions appointed under section 124 of the Local Government (Scotland) Act 1973.
Mr George Haggarty
Mr Alastair Crockett
Scheduled meetings of the committee
There are no meetings currently scheduled.