Content Container

The National Entitlement Card is Scotland’s National Smartcard.

In Fife it's called a MyFife card.

Your MyFife card makes it convenient to access a range of public services and facilities with only one card. It ties together:

The Scottish Government supports National Entitlement Cards to deliver national and local services.

If you don't live in Fife, or if you want to find out more about Scottish National Entitlement Cards, visit:


When you receive your new NEC card there is no need to inform us if the last two digits of your card number has changed.  The last two digits are the issue number and will change every time a new card is sent to you.

MyFife card/National Entitlement Card

The MyFife smartcard scheme makes it easier to access local, national and council services.  The MyFife smartcard is our local branding for the National Entitlement Card.

It is a plastic card similar to a bank or credit card which will enable holders to tap into a range of entitlements and discounts.  Already people in Fife are using the card to get access to a variety of services.

How do I apply for a MyFife card/National Entitlement Card?

To apply for a MyFife card you can contact the MyFife enquiries line on 03451 55 00 66 providing your full name, address and date of birth and an appointment will be made at the Customer Service Centre that is most convenient for you.

Please note that if you are applying for a concessionary travel card based on age grounds, you can only be registered within 4 weeks  prior to turning 60.

You must bring the required identification documentation with you so that your registration can be completed.

What services can I access using my MyFife card?

Additional services may be added over time.

What if I lose my card?

If your card has been lost or stolen you can order a replacement here.

We will put a stop on the card from the date and time we receive your request so that you are not liable for any misuse should it fall into the wrong hands. We will then issue you with a replacement card which you should receive within 5-7 working days.

What if I need to change any of my details?

If need to change any of your personal details you can do this by completing our online form.