Criminal justice social work reports
An important part of the services we provide is the provision of accurate information to the courts about an offender to assist them in determining sentence.
These written reports also enable the courts to make comprehensive assessments regarding the risk of re-offending and harm to the community, which therefore ensures the correct implementation of future Social Work interventions.
Reports are always produced for:
- all offenders under 21 years of age
- all adult offenders who may be sentenced to custody for the first time
- those who are already subject to supervision.
The report must include the following information:
- details of the offender’s personal circumstances
- their attitude to their offence
- the impact on the victim (if known)
- an assessment of the risk of re-offending
- an analysis of the range of options available to the court, with a recommendation of which one could be most effective in helping to reduce re-offending and protect the public.
For more information contactCriminal Justice Services
Tel: 01592 583657 Fax: 01592 583646 Contact Criminal Justice Services online