Archive Centre Outreach
Keen to shake off its ‘dusty’ image and attract more visitors, the Archive Centre in Markinch, launched an Outreach Project. Its aim was to raise the profile of the centre, encourage the deposit of new records, publicise the archives held and improve its facilities.
Articles in the local press, the distribution of a new leaflet listing the main records and dates and a successful Open Day were just three of the project’s achievements.
Adding comfort and improving the service for customers was an important priority so:
- the centre’s search room was modified to provide a more comfortable environment for users
- opening hours were extended over lunchtime
- staff were given extra training
And the results of the project?
- 50% more people have used the centre this year
- there has been a marked increase in the number of new accessions
- people have spent more time browsing
If you require any information on the loaning or donating of archival material then please use the contact details provided.
For more information contactArchives & Records Management Section
Tel: 01592 583352 Contact Archives & Records Management Section online
By Post: Fife Council, Carleton House The Haig Business Park, Balgonie Road, Markinch, Glenrothes KY7 6AQ