Health and safety incident reporting

The law requires employers, the self-employed and those in control of premises to report certain work-related accidents, diseases and dangerous occurrences. Depending on the nature of your business, you have the option of reporting these directly to the HSE or to Fife Council's Food and Workplace Safety Team.

Health and Safety Executive Contact Details
If your business falls into one of the following categories described below you should contact the HSE.

  • manufacturing
  • construction sites
  • road transport
  • council premises and activities e.g. schools
  • colleges
  • hospitals
  • doctors and dentists

They can be contacted through their website Health and Safety Executive or via the HSE Incident Contact Centre,

Fife Council's Food and Workplace Safety Team
If your business falls into one of the categories described below you can contact either the HSE or the Food and Workplace Safety Team on the details below:

  • shops
  • hotels and restaurants
  • food takeaways
  • cinemas
  • clubs and pubs
  • offices
  • care homes
  • leisure and sporting events as well as pop concerts and many other places of public entertainment

For more information contact

Go Top

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience here. If you do not want us to use cookies you can change your settings at any time.