Apply for a council house

The first step in registering to become a Council Tenant is to fill in an application form.

You can get a form by:

  • Downloading the Application Form which is available within the publications section on this page
  • Phoning the Housing Advice Line on 03451 55 00 33
  • Writing to or visiting a Local Services Centre
  • Visiting one of our Home4Good Centres

When you have applied for a Council home we will assess the information you have given us and get back to you within 28 days. We will then write to tell you:

  • how your application has been assessed and the points you have been awarded
  • the category which the application is held within
  • any information we still need that could effect your application
  • how to enquire about or appeal against our decision


For more information contact

Housing Information and Advice (lines open 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.)
Tel: 03451 55 00 33 Contact Housing Information and Advice (lines open 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.) online
By Post: Fife Council, New City House, 1 Edgar Street, Dunfermline, KY12 7EP
Go Top

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience here. If you do not want us to use cookies you can change your settings at any time.