Welcome to Glenrothes High School
‘High expectations and no excuses – only your best will do’
Glenrothes High School is a 6-year non-denominational secondary school of approximately 860 learners. It serves central and north Glenrothes and has 4 associated primaries: Caskieberran, Pitcoudie, Rimbleton and South Parks. Each year the school attracts a large number of placing requests.
The school is enriched by a well established Department of Additional Support (DAS). Approximately 40 - 50 learners with specialised physical and learning needs are wonderfully supported by seven specialist DAS teachers and a team of Pupil Support Assistants.
The Senior Leadership Team consists of the Rector, 3 Depute Rectors and the Business Manager. The school has a talented teaching staff of approximately 65 FTE and an excellent team of support staff ensure the school operates efficiently.
The school building was opened in 1966 and the interior of the building is in very good condition. The school is currently going through a phased integration of the external hutted accommodation to house all staff and learners within the main building.
The school has extensive playing fields, a large games hall, two gyms and a dance studio and fitness suite. We also have an excellent Assembly Hall, Library and two ICT suites.
Glenrothes High School has an excellent ethos and is committed to equality through the celebration and respect of diversity within our community. Our values are best summarised by the following statements arrived at by the Rights Respecting Schools Working Group in consultation with pupils in session 2011 – 12:
At GHS we all have the right to:
- An education in a safe environment
- Develop our personalities, talents and abilities to the full
- Be listened to and have our views taken into account
- Be treated fairly, respectfully and without discrimination
- Be included at school
At GHS we all have the responsibility to:
- Demonstrate respect for ourselves, others and the school environment
- Promote equality through the appreciation of diversity
- Do our best in school to fulfil our potential
- Work together to allow others to fulfil their potential
- Welcome others and promote inclusion
- Prospectus (Fri 28 Aug 2015)
- Prospectus 2015-16 (Fri 28 Aug 2015)
- Initiatives (Fri 28 Aug 2015)
- University of Glasgow - important admissions updat (Fri 28 Aug 2015)