Kirkcaldy - Leisure Centre
Aerial impression of the new Kirkcaldy Leisure Centre
Kirkcaldy’s swimming pool, built in the 1970’s, will be replaced with a new state of the art leisure centre overlooking the Firth of Forth.
Work began on site in November 2011 on the former Tolbooth Street car park. A range of alternative car parking is available, many within a 5 minute walk of the town centre. Click here for a map of alternative parking.
Views over the Firth of Forth
When is it due to open?
Work is progressing well on site. The concrete works for the swimming pool area and all ground floor slab works are complete. The steel frame and the first phase of the sports hall area is taking shape. Offsite works, including junction improvements at Tolbooth Street and footpath improvements at the front of The Mercat, are also underway.
How much is it costing?
Front entrance impression of the new Kirkcaldy Leisure Centre
What will the new facility offer?
- 25m x 6 lane swimming pool with poolside spectating for 90 people
- 16.67m x 8m training pool with an underwater, movable floor
- Accessible family wet side changing facilities
- Purpose built health suite with sauna and steam room, located near the pool area
- 60 station gym with the latest range of cardiovascular, resistance and free weights equipment
- Purpose-built aerobics studio
- New 4 court sports hall
- Purpose built childrens’ play centre with café nearby
- Meeting room
Click here to view the floor plans of the new facility.
For more information contactAndy MacLellan, Sports Partnership Manager
Tel: 08451 55 55 55 + Ext 44 69 29 Contact Andy MacLellan online
By Post: Fife Council, Bankhead Central, Bankhead Park, Glenrothes, KY7 6GH