Dunfermline - Carnegie Leisure Centre
Exterior of the entrance to Carnegie Leisure Centre
An exciting major refurbishment project is now complete at Carnegie Leisure Centre in Dunfermline which has delivered a modern, state of the art leisure centre, behind a unique Edwardian façade.
The refurbishment and restoration project has won the Promoting Sustainability Award at the Fife Partnership Excellence Awards 2012 and has been short listed for Civic Building of the Year by the Society of Chartered Architect's in Local Authorities. The winner will be announced in October 2012.
25m, 6 lane deck level pool
When did it open?
How much is it costing?
Sports hall with new timber sprung floor
What does the new facility offer?
- 25m x 6 lane swimming pool with pool side spectating for 150 people
- Modern deck-level 25m x 6 lane training pool with an underwater, movable floor
- 11m x 9m toddler pool
- Accessible family wet side changing facilities
- Purpose built health suite with sauna, steam room, hot room and spa bath located near the pool area
- 85 station gym with the latest range of cardiovascular, resistance and free weights equipment
- Circuit gym
- Two purpose-built aerobics studios
- Multi purpose activity room
- New Spinning (RPM) room
- 4 court sports hall
- 3 squash courts
- Climbing wall
- Purpose built childrens’ play centre with café nearby
- Meeting room
For more information contactAndrew Stewart, Area Leisure Manager
Tel: 01383 602304 Contact Andrew Stewart online
By Post: Fife Council, Duloch Leisure Centre Duloch Schools And Community Campus, Nightingale Place, Dunfermline, KY11 8LW
Andy MacLellan, Sports Partnership Manager
Tel: 03451 55 55 55 + Ext 44 69 29 Contact Andy MacLellan online
By Post: Fife Council, Bankhead Central, Bankhead Park, Glenrothes, KY7 6GH